Dance Delaware Studios was founded in 2008 by Valerie Smith, a renowned dancer and choreographer, to bring excellence in dance instruction and performance to Delaware. Her dream was to pass on her life experiences in the entertainment industry to young people so they can realize their true potential through the joy of dance.
Dance Delaware’s mission is the belief that the arts have a unique power to engage and motivate towards excellence. We strive to reach every child, transcending barriers of language, culture, and physical challenges. Through our distinctive dance program, students develop discipline, respect, confidence, and belief in themselves that carries over into all other aspects of their lives.
It is important to us at Dance Delaware Studios that all members of our team share our vision, our purpose and the philosophy that encompasses everything we do in and outside of our classes. This is a vision that is shared and demonstrated by the directors, teachers and staff members at our studio and it is the driving force behind every interaction with our students and their families.
DD Studios is a place where kids of all ages, shapes, and sizes learn to dance, sing and perform. This is a studio where creativity, individuality and self-expression are encouraged and has a community of teachers, students and families who are passionate about performing arts. Our goal is to create a positive and happy experience for all of our students. We strive to nurture and develop talent, celebrate the achievements of all students and inspire a love and appreciation of all styles of dance and the arts. We are committed to providing a safe and positive environment in which all students can feel empowered, comfortable and free to express themselves.
DD Studios is committed to providing high-quality dance classes to enhance the overall development of the child. We provide a safe and child-centered environment to encourage our students to explore dance and qualified, nurturing teachers.
We believe that dance training encourages young people to develop a positive self-image as they increase awareness of their physical being. Along with improving coordination skills and developing muscular awareness, dance classes give children the freedom to express themselves through movement.
Under the leadership of Valerie Smith, DanceDelaware’s faculty brings decades of professional education and performance experience to the program, offering high standards of training and care for the overall health and well-being of each student.
The highest educational standards are expected from all DD Studios faculty members. They are lifelong learners who continue to educate themselves through certification programs, teacher-training schools, conferences, and other learning opportunities.
- *We are committed to integrity in dance education and helping kids discover joy in dancing.
- *We are passionate about caring for children and guiding them well in all walks of life, not only dance.
- *We care about the health and well-being of all our students.
- *We love dance, helping students grow as dancers, and seeing their joy in that accomplishment.
- *We embrace challenges (and see them as opportunities).
- *We stand for respect for all basic human rights, and excellence in training.
- *We listen to the needs of our students, we promise to meet the needs of our students to the best of our ability.
- *We value honesty and good communication.
- *We focus on working together.
- *We share our time, ideas, resources and lots of laughs.
Come be a part of our family!