Covid Safety Plan
With Opening Day ahead of us, we wanted to reach out and let you know our plans for having dancers return safely.
ENTRANCE: Due to our building situation, a Dance DE staff person will be located in the main entrance of the building to take temperatures of our dancers and be sure masks are worn. Should your child's temperature be 99.5 or above, they will not be able to take class in person but are welcome to return home to join virtually. From there, we will walk the dancers up to their classroom.
- For our Younger Dancers – If your child is unwilling to go upstairs without you, then we ask 1 parent only to walk with your child to the door of their classroom, wearing a mask, and continue to exit down the back stairwell of the building. We apologize for this, but it is the current required protocol.
LOBBY: Our lobby is closed until further notice. We are unable to have anyone in the building except our dancers and staff. We greatly appreciate your understanding and support.
CLASSROOM: As dancers enter the classroom, they will be given hand sanitizer. Once in the classroom they will be assigned a colored block to dance in during the class. At this point in time, the State and CDC say that as long as the dancers are in a 6 foot space, they are able to remove their masks, if they prefer. Any time they leave their block, they must wear the mask.
BATHROOM: As we know, some dancers need to use the bathroom during class. If at all possible, please have your child use the restroom before they leave home to take class. We can't express that enough, as we are only able to use one stall at this time. A DD staff person will take the dancer to the restroom if they are unable to wait until they return home. For our older students who spend hours with us each night, we understand the need to use the bathroom. We ask you to please wash your hands well, along with using hand sanitizer before re-entering the studio.
END OF CLASS: At the end of your dancer's class, they will be socially distanced as they exit the classroom and are escorted down the back stairway to leave.
- We ask the parent/guardian to be ready to pick up their child/children on time at the exit door at the back of the building.
- If your child is in the last class of the evening, those dancers will be able to exit through the front door, the same door they entered in.
- We do know some of our dancers need the use of the elevator to get to class. Those students are able to enter and exit through the elevator since there is no elevator in the back of the building.
- FOR DANCERS WHO HAVE MORE THAN 1 CLASS IN ONE DAY – We will have you leave the classroom and wait in the hallway with your classmates, socially distanced until the staff cleans the room to re-enter for your next class. You must wear masks while waiting in the hallways.
DOORS: Due to the building situation, and the fact that our studio is the only business open in the evening, we are taking extra precautions by locking the building doors during classes. We will unlock the doors a few minutes before each class for us to follow protocol to change classes safely.
PARENTS: We ask parents (of younger children) to please stay in their cars during the classes and be sure to be on time in the rear of the building for pick up. We ask you to please make sure your cell phone is confirmed with our office staff, should we need to contact you at any time.
VIRTUALLY: For any of our families who choose to stay at home and dance, we will have virtual learning at the same time as in-person classes. We will be reaching out to each class before opening day to verify who will be virtual and who will be in-person.
RE-OPENING: We are following the State and CDC guidelines daily. The above protocol is the plan in place to have a safe and happy re-opening. If anything changes, you will be the first to know. We are so excited to get back to dancing and seeing all of our wonderful families!
Valerie and the staff of Dance Delaware Studios
In compliance with State and CDC guidelines, DanceDelaware Studios has proposed the following accommodations to ensure the safety and health of our patrons:
- Returning to the studio is optional. Any staff who feel uncomfortable returning to the studio can continue to teach via Zoom from home with no loss in pay.
- Instructors will stay home if they have a cough, fever, or if a member of their household has been sick or shows signs of illness.
- Instructors will have no physical contact with students (shaking hands, hugs, high 5s, etc.).
- Instructors will wear a face covering for greeting students at the door, leading into classrooms, and teaching. For teachers who physically dance with the students, face masks are optional. However, teachers will stay socially distanced by at least 6 feet at all times.
- Instructors must take temperatures prior to coming to the studio and show no signs of fever.
- Instructors will help to sanitize studios between classes, including barres, floors, and teacher area (stereo/etc).
- Instructors will be limited to one classroom for the duration of their teaching hours, aside from greeting students at the door and escorting them to the studio.
- Instructors will have their own masks, but extras will be on hand in the event that one is needed. Plastic gloves are also available for instructors for cleaning the studio between classes
- Instructors will provide students with hand sanitizer both upon entering and upon exiting the building.
Building use and Cleaning:
- Lobbies will be closed. No parents can be inside the building. Parents may wait in their cars. Please be sure that your cell number is correct in your parent portal in the event that we need to reach you during class time.
- Students will enter the front of the building and will exit the rear of the building.
- Instructors will have no physical contact with students (shaking hands, hugs, high 5s, etc.).
- Classrooms will be disinfected between classes with steam mops as well as with a pH neutral cleaner, specifically Lucasol (hospital grade disinfectant). All surfaces - floors and barres - will be disinfected.
- Time will be given between each class for these cleanings.
- Students will enter in the door closest to their classroom and will be limited to the bathroom nearest their classes.
- Bathrooms will be disinfected regularly, with hospital grade disinfectant. Students will be encouraged to use the restrooms at home prior to coming to class so as to minimize the need for facility use on site.
- Bathroom stalls in the ladies’ room will be limited to 1 stall for social distancing.
- One stall will be available in the men’s room.
- Classes will be limited based on 6 feet of social distancing, by classroom.
- Office will be closed to students and instructors.
- Zoom class will be offered for those not comfortable returning to the studio at this time.
- Students will be given hand sanitizer upon entry to the building, and again upon exiting.
- Studios will be taped off in social distancing squares to ensure students maintain distance at all times.
- No communal supplies will be used - dancers must provide their own yoga mats for acro, artists will be providing their personal materials, etc.
Student and parent expectations:
- Students must stay home if they are sick or have a fever. They are welcome to Zoom into class.
- Students must wear a mask to enter and to leave the building. Guidelines for youth mask use during class are contradictory as provided by the state and CDC were stated to be forthcoming. At this point, we leave it to the discretion of the parent until further guidelines are determined. The state has determined that those doing strenuous exercise, as long as they are at least 6 feet apart from others, may exercise without a mask. Our students will be further separated.
- Dancers will have their temperature taken at the entry. Should they show a fever, they will be returned to their family’s car.
- Dancers should not enter the building until their exact class time. They may wait in their cars - in a parking spot, not against the curb - until their class time. Once the door opens, students may proceed to a line on the sidewalk until they progress inside and are given hand sanitizer. once inside, they will enter the studio and proceed to a personal square.
- Dancers should arrive in their dance clothes. There will be no changing in the restrooms.
- Dancers should wear a cover-up into and out of the building.
- Dancers will only bring in the shoes needed for class, as well as water for the night. Each will have a designated space to place their items in the studio, which will be cleaned after each class. ALL SHOES, BAGS, and WATER BOTTLES MUST BE LABELED WITH THE DANCER’s NAME.
- Dancers will be required to hand sanitize upon entering the front of the building and exiting the rear of the building, as well as after using the restroom.
- Due to social distancing, dancers will not be allowed to partner, and must maintain distance between them
- Ballet Barres will be marked for proper social distancing and will be wiped down between each class.
- Dancers may have a break between classes while the space is being cleaned. If that happens, dancers will need to exit the building. In the event of poor weather, we will allow dancers that were already in the building to wait in the hallway with proper social distancing.
- Class numbers shall not exceed 15 per group and will remain socially distanced during their class. All standards for cleaning and disinfecting as relate to the studio as a whole will be followed for our class participants. There will be no sharing of materials, each participant will have an identified square, socially distanced in the classroom.
- The number of students in the building will not exceed 30% of our fire occupancy. Our occupancy is 175, so 30% is 52.
- The office will be closed outside of answering phone calls and assisting with faculty needs. Payments can be made online through our website.